Friday, December 12, 2008

Before the Throne of God Above

For my Ethics class I had to write a paper on Abortion, a part of which I have posted here in my journal. During this time of thinking about, looking at pictures of, and writing eloquently about killing babies, was for me a brutal experience. This, to be completely honest, took my to a level of depression I had yet to see. During this dark time the song "Before the Throne of God Above"waved as a flag in the morning sun of my mind. The first verse of this sing is:

"Before the throne of God above,
I have a Strong and Perfect plea,
A great High Priest Whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart,
I know that while in Heaven He stands,
No tongue can bide me thence depart."

This banner that waved above me and, indeed, continues to wave, has caused my soul to rest. Even though I hate the act of abortion, and truly have a deep anger toward those that practice this act of murder; in this song I have found my cleft in the rock, my wing to hide under, my castle to take refuge in, away from the storm, away from the fire, and away from the battle.

No comments: