Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Friendly Anecdotal Antidote

A good friend of mine sent this to me a while back. It's beautiful. My mind often returns to it. I thank God for his godliness, friendship, and ability to bend the English language to glorify God. I pray it helps you as it has helped me.

"An anecdotal antidote for our pride (this helped me the other day so I'd thought I'd share with someone who'd appreciate it):"
"How can we hold our talents and proficiencies above others as if we are superior for wielding them? Every talent we have is a gift from God, and our proficiency with it comes only by God's instruction. So our swordsmanship goes not to our own glory, but to our master who gave us the mighty weapon and taught us our cunning prowess. Let us then not boast, but have mercy, esteeming the gifts others have, for all our gifts come from the same Giver."
"Christ be with you, sir."

Fight the Good fight of faith.

No comments: