Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Commit

Commitment is a tricky thing. To know when something has gone to far outside one's control and the proper time to let go, or to continue on with something even when all hope seems lost. Paul, a great man of Christ, was committed to His cause through every part of life, even when it meant multiple beatings, the hatred of many, and his own beheading. Being so committed that he would sing to Christ even after being beaten with rods (Acts 16:16-24). "And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me lest I be exalted above measure" (2 Corinthians 12:7).
Paul was very prone to suffer, if the persecutions of Paul are looked up on Biblegateway there are over 100 hits that appear. Yet he is able to say, "Concerning with this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ my rest upon me" (2 Corinthians 12:8-9) Basically, "Lord! this is thorn seems to be killing me, but if it is your will then I will preserver with it that you may bestow Your power upon me that others will know You."
The reason for this is, the commitment of a calling. To know what you are called to do beyond a shadow of a doubt, requires intense study and prayer. And when God is gracious enough to allow the calling to be shown than commitment ensues hopefully rather unavoidably. Therefore if the calling is sound, and has been study, and poured over in the holy communion with Christ, then commit whole-heartedly that the power of Christ might rest upon you. To allow the unsaved to see The Judge, in your speech, and actions. And in so doing allowing the called to say firmly, "O hear us when we call to Thee, for those in peril on the sea." Not for self glorification, but for the glory of the One from whose mouth came the exploding sun.
Thus, only after the holy communion with God, comes the assurance of a calling. From this calling comes suffering, of any kind, "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake, But he who endures to the end will be saved" (Matthew 10:22). But the commitment that is in the heart of the believer will cause the endurance through all suffering, even when death is near, that the power of the Most High Majesty may rest upon him and that the thorn might know the might of the God we worship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It agree, this brilliant idea is necessary just by the way