Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Day Post for my Dad.

“By the grace of God I am who I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary I worked all the harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.” 1 Cor. 15:10-12

I am who I am by the sheer immense grace of God. It is the primary purpose of this post to relate to you one aspect of the mercy and grace of God in my life, namely that of my father, my dad, Pete Morris.

I am a believer because of his witness. Mind you not his drilling of biblical facts and verses into my head but by his living out the Gospel before my growing eyes. I have the desires I have because of his noble courage in life. I can read and speak because he worked to afford to spend the money to get me an education, not just schooling but tutors and speech therapists as well.

This is a post for father’s day. But this father of mine, is not just a father; he is a brother; he is a leader, indeed he is a kingly man.

By the grace of God I have the father I have. And his grace toward me was not in vain for my father worked all the harder than any of them, though it was not he, but the grace of God that was (is) with him. Whether then it was he or they, so he preached and so I believed.

Wisdom epitomized is my father. A man’s man is my father. One worthy of leading souls to the gates of heaven and kneeling before the throne of God saying, “Here are the souls you have entrusted to me,” this man is my dad. And what makes this post livelier is that he would want no recognition for his actions.

Therefore, because of my dad I can say with all the heart the half-dead sinner my posses, “By the grace of God I am who I am.”

No comments: