Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stars


Last night, after my last meeting and before a phone call, I sat on the porch and watched the clouds unveil the stars - all full of questions about time and such, but still thankful for the present, yet longing for the future. Do you know what I mean?

Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in what might be or what will be, so caught up that we miss the present.

Yet in some capacity this is a good thing – to be eternally minded people, so caught up in what’s to come that we are consistently aiming at seeing other people see the future we see.

In the end How Great Thou Art started playing in my head.

“O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars; I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art.”

My wonders weren’t answered, the future is still unknown, but beautifully so. Even still it’s God’s goodness, which leads me to repentance, and he is good. So until the future has become the past I must, I will, I need to trust He will be faithful to himself and that’s precisely what I (we) need.

No comments: