Friday, July 8, 2011

Ripped from the Journal

The gentile hum of the Air-Conditioner; the seldom tinkle of the neighbor’s wind chimes; the sun lighting the room via the reflection from the white house west of me. The birds chirping playfully as an owl’s hoots join in every so often.

A car passes on the street. It feels like home, but I know it’s not. I know, in my brain, this place, this reality, is not my home. The five-senses are my animal senses perceiving my surroundings. The real me, the one speaking these words to be written by the flesh, sense there is much more.

It’s not that my soul lives deep within me and must be found and nurtured, but rather it is that I am my soul. So the sense of faith is more powerful, for by it I know the universe.

It is an interesting phenomenon, the soul, and by definition it is very much alive. For what has just been done above is a study of on soul by the soul, i.e. self-awareness.

Perhaps it is that souls feed on different things. Like a nutritionist would feed solely on the beneficial and the lazy one would feed on the filth of fast food. So too may it be with individual souls, some finding healthy diets in the balance of meats (Scripture), vegetables (Songs), dairies (Prayer) and grains (Community), whilst the other cares not for what is put into their soul as long as they’re full.

No comments: