Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Amazing Grace

"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from my enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust the shelter of Your wings."
Psalms 61:1-4
This passage has continually been the refuge for my soul. To know that even when everything is weighing down upon me, Christ will forever be my strong tower. He will never let me down, or forsake me, for I am His son, and He is my Father. He elected me before the world knew me, before, even, the world's foundation were laid. He loved me and has made me His own, and nothing can take me away from Him, ever. I must be in awe of His mercy on me, for there is nothing that separates me from any pagan, but He still chose me, out of sheer grace He has saved me. And by that same grace I have lived thus far in life, making a mockery of His love by continually living in sin, and disobeying His law. That I have lived long enough to write these words is nothing more than sheer grace. What I do not want to do that I do, is the story of my life, but Amazing Grace shall I sing till I die.

No comments: