Friday, January 7, 2011

Hard Reading = Growth

Alright, you (my readers, all 3 of you) may have noticed a change in the flavor of my posts. I blame Jonathan Edwards.

For the past month or so, I have been reading "God's Passion for His Glory" a two part book, the first being John Piper writing about the man and themes of Jonathan Edwards. The second is Jonathan Edwards' treaties "The End for which God Created the World" and it is without-a-doubt one of the most difficult reads I have undertaken since the last time I read it.

However, this time around I've committed to journalling my thoughts and steeping in Edwards' themes. And, O-dang, things are different.

I do believe my outlook on life is different, my reason for ministry is different, my reason for blogging is different. Shoot, I might as well say my reason for being is different. Not because Edwards is adapt at making things understandable (cause he's not) but because God used Edwards mightily when he was living and even more so now that he's dead. Indeed he fought the good fight of faith.

So if your looking for a good read, read "God's Passion for His Glory" though it will be difficult, I promise you it will be worth it.

The end. Imma go read.

No comments: