Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Late Night Musing

I have no ten-year plan; I have no five-year plan; shoot I barely have a tomorrow plan. There is no grand dream pressing my every action forward, no beautiful canvas of my life, and no pebble beaches for me to walk down side-by-side with someone.

The only plan I’ve got is to work the hell out of life to the glory of God then die. I will talk to the many thousands of people in hundreds of coffee shops and, by God’s grace they will hear of his fame. I will minister deeply to a few people, and by God’s grace the will see and feel a portion of Jesus. I will preach sermons to eager (and languid) ears, and by God’s grace, they will be regenerated by the Holy Spirit in the Gospel.

‘Only one life, will soon be past, only what’s done for Christ will last.’ “He is the radiance of the glory of God. (Heb 1:3)” In all my striving for the glory of God, glory must be in its truest form, namely Jesus. Therefore, “To live is Christ (Phil 1:21)”

“Let life and kindred go, this mortal life also.” I cannot take stuff with me; I cannot take my iPhone with me. I cannot take my books, or my guitar, or my dog. I can’t even take my flesh with me.

So the plan remains unchanged, work the hell out of life to the glory of God then die… Cause there is nothing else that draws me in so irresistibly than God in all his infinite glory.

I suppose in that sense there is a grand scheme pressing all my actions forward, there is a beautiful canvas to my life, and there is a pebble beach for me to walk down side-by-side with someone. It is the grand scheme of the glory of God. It is the beautiful canvas of the glory of God. It is the person of the glory of God (Jesus) for me to walk with.

God’s glory must be esteemed (considered) first in all regards (in all actions, thoughts, or intentions).

No comments: