Friday, January 21, 2011

Why I Blog, Tweet, & Facebook (3of3)

This is the last of 3 posts. Here is the First post, and Here is the Second post

After realizing the sin of my me-centered motivations within my heart, and my head, there began a “re-learning” of things. Walking again the elementary paths of my youth. Treading down the one-time well-worn paths now overgrown with weeds, to once again see the sights of where I had been. Again taking hold of the Scriptures (though this time more firmly) and being broken by them. To be re-taught that God is the end and the aim of my life, and that the term ‘my life’ is in every meaning of the word a ‘contradiction’.

Yet in this re-learning there came a re-wondering of the proclivity of pride within my heart. Here is where I began to question the intentionality of myself being very present on Twitter, Facebook, and the Blogging realm. Am I here to be heard? Am I here to be seen, marveled at, or gain a position? What is the reason for which I write/tweet/facebook?

I suppose in the end the one reason I have not deleted all three accounts is answered in this one statement: To the glory of God. “And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. (Eph 4:11-14)

I am a pastor, it is my job/calling to serve the Church and equip them for the work of ministry. Therefore I blog, tweet, and facebook to, by the grace of God, be used to help in the maturing of believers so as to avoid irreverent silly myths (I Tim. 4:7) to the glory of God. I am also a sinner, and as such will constantly be fighting to not desire praise for my status, tweets and blog.

As a pastor I’ll cling to the Gospel. As a sinner I’ll cling to the Gospel. For, “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.”

1 comment:

Pete Morris said...

Jesus, the Truth, the Way, the Life